Friday, June 19, 2009

Wile I was Away

So it has been a bit since I last wrote and as I sit overlooking the ocean I wonder why write now? It is because now while I am alone with nothing but the ocean breeze in my face and a cardinal chirping do I have some peace to reflect that I believe I was in moat mode. Moat mode is when you say 'I'm out of here' to the rest of the world. I am going to take my family, secure them in my castle and protect them from the outside evils with my moat and other capable tools.

Building a moat is different then sticking your head in the sand. I know what the threats are out there in the real world I just don't want my family to have to confront them. I understand sticking your head in the sand and not wanting to even acknowledge the problems but that's not beneficial long term.

With a clear head I realize that at some point I am going to have to come out of my castle, lower the bridge and take on the wicked head on. Its a battle that I subconsciously chosen to avoid thinking it may just pass us by but it won't and as I overlook the sea realize I must come out strong, with a fierce will not to fail because its not me I am fighting for, its my babies back in the castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment