Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fed Govt Flying-By the seat of their pants


I don't live in New York City or D.C... I don't have to be a resident to know the personal terror that each one of them must have faced on 9/11. Each American shares their fear. I remember sitting in a high school stadium to watch my nephew play football in southeastern city far from New York and DC and still feeling anxious in those weeks after 9/11 hearing a plane fly nearby the stadium.

My city has several tall buildings but nothing the likes of which one sees in NYC. Our airport is in suburbia. But I can tell you now that if I saw a large plane flying low near buildings with fighter jets in tow I would be calling 911 myself and saying prayers.




In this day and age of photoshop and airbrush did we really need to buzz NYC with Airforce One for a photograph???

Cost for this atrocity $328,835 !!! Most of the witnesses that fled their buildings and ran for their lives might have preferred to be "water-boarded" than have their post-traumatic stress disorder reactivated in that manner. The President says he didn't know, that it was a mistake, and it won't happen again. Of course it won't happen again. But what is the next stupid thing we will spend money on for the continued political campaign of this sitting President?












1 comment: