Thursday, March 19, 2009

What Are the Rich Thinking About?


When I ask the question, what are the rich thinking about, I am only referring to riches involving money and I consider the well-to-do to be the top 4% of wage earners in this Country, those making over $100,000/year. The easiest way to spot the affluent is to see if they bought a home over $500,000 because those are the only ones who could afford it.

I have several friends who are loaded but every single one of them doesn’t consider themselves rich. Some own well over a $1,000,000 in real estate, have expensive cars, kids who go to private schools and who travel the world. Yet they all want to complain about President Obama taxing them and how hard it will be on their family and how it will plunge our economy even further into recession. Now I agree with their conclusions on the results of over taxation but come on, their rich. A strange thing though, they all want to be included in my sphere of people, the people without all the toys, struggling to make ends meet, face losing a job or perhaps own a small business under pressure. OK I’m a big tent type of person so I am willing to welcome them in joining the cause in helping us over throw this oppressive leaning government. I say how we must stop the pro-abortion groups, save our rights to own a gun, stop the government’s attempt to silence free speech and rise up against the invasion of illegal aliens so I ask them, are you with me? Are you with me?

Well, not so much. You see, the rich care about their money, that’s probably why they have so much of it. But the problem the well off don’t recognize is that people like me, those who apparently give higher value to morals and the principles on which this Country was founded on than to the mere existence of money are the ones fighting to save the rich their money. If I was only interested in my family’s immediate needs I would be an Obama supporter. My family stands to benefit from a majority of the Presidents social programs from health care to lower taxes. So if the wealthy only represent 4% of our Country and need the support of the conservative middle class to help them why would they shrug off our concerns? If the rich don’t want the conservative majority to abandon them then I suggest that the wealthy start picking up the causes of their friends as well as their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment